Flytoget / About Flytoget
About Flytoget, the Airport Express Train
Flytoget, the Airport Express Train
- Is a high-speed train which brings the passengers to and from Oslo Airport - Gardermoen, with Drammen being the end station on the West side.
- Holds to date a top speed of 210 km/h.
- Spends 19 minutes from Oslo Central Station to Oslo Airport - Gardermoen.
- Has a punctuality within 3 minutes: 94%.
- Regularity in comparison to planned journeys: 99.3%.
- Departs every 10 minutes from Oslo Central Station and Oslo Aiport - Gardermoen, and every 20 minutes from Drammen station.
We will create the ultimate Airport Express Train.
Flytoget, the Airport Express Trains business concept
Flytoget, the Airport Express Train will offer the best means of transportation to and from Oslo Airport by emphasizing security, punctuality and service. We will achieve this through a unique identity, the most effective solutions and enthusiastic staff. At the same time, the company will actively orientate new business areas and the Norwegian train market.
The Airport Express train Ltd
- Will as of June 2004 be an independent company directly placed under the Norwegian Trading and Business Commerce.
- Belongs to an International niche of approximately 40 Air Rail Links who have the dedicated task to bring flight passengers to and from the Oslo Airport - Gardermoen.
- Has a 287-year long assignment as of 31.12.2010.
- Is lead by Linda Bernander Silseth, the Administrative Director.
When the Norwegian Parliament on the 8th of October 1992 decided that Gardermoen was to be the official main airport, the motion was also decided that trains should be the main means of transportation. A new high-speed train was to be competitive, future oriented and an environmentally friendly alternative of transportation. Read more
Flytoget, the Airport Express Trains areas of success is the Airport Express Train, the people, security, profitability and the environment. The main results of the areas of success from 2010 are found below.
- Overall average customer satisfaction: 96%.
- Total number of travellers in 2010: 5.9 millions.
- Target: Non-injury through systematic preventive safety work.
- Accidents: No accidents involving passengers, however two first aid injuries have been registered. There were eight minor accidents registered amongst our staff as of today.
Normal result 2010: 148 million NOK before taxes.
All numbers have been retrieved from the annual Flytoget, the Airport Express Trains report from 2010.